Ten Experiences I Would Have Missed if I didn’t Have Diabetes
If you don’t have diabetes, here is what you are missing.
- Mistaking control solution for eye drops.
- Almost dying because the cat chewed through my pump tubing while I was asleep.
- Dumping a vial of test strips in crowd and nearly getting trampled trying to pick them up.
- Chipping my front tooth on a glucose tablet.
- Wandering around aimlessly trying to remember what I was doing, oh yeah, treating that low.
- Selling my iPad to pay for insulin, then regretting that decision.
- Teaching my friends & family how to give me glucagon then listening to them repeat the instruction back to me incorrectly.
- Waking up with a low and falling down the stairs on my way to the refrigerator.
- Getting stabbed by a random needle every time I reach into my backpack.
- Having someone ask me if I am high in public and everyone around me thinking I am on drugs.